Saturday, October 11, 2008

As the season starts anew...

The boys (Thor and Smokey) in Clingy Cloe's house.
Poor girl, our boys annexed her house as we watched her while her dads were traveling.

2008 year-to-date (as of October 11, 2008):
4,371.74 miles,
29 spin classes,
7 flat tires (tubes),
2 ruined tires,
replaced 2 wheels,
one broken frame, and one stolen bike.

It will not be long now before I start training for AIDS Lifecycle 8 and start begging and pleading for donations to the San Francisco AIDS Foundation seeing that this is a charity ride and I need to raise a minimum of $3000.00 to participate. Of course it will be awesome if I can raise $5000.00. This will be my second AIDS Lifecycle ride. Lots of training, not lots of weight loss; lots of 'community', lots of dedication and training, but only some pain.


PS. I promised my friend Wayne that I would take a picture of my choice for Prez when my ballot arrived in the mail. I find Obama way to moderate for my likings, thinking we need a much more progressive president than I fear Obama will turn out to be. However, it is just plain lunacy to vote otherwise this year and being lukewarm tepid is better than being outright disgusted.


PSS. Trevor and I will be holidaying in Paris (Dec. 25th - Jan. 2nd). It'll be our first time and a long, long, long, overdue vacation together with nothing but touring and relaxing to do.

No comments: