Saturday, November 15, 2008

Join the Impact - San Francisco

The pic above is one of my favorites of the day.

Those that have known me for some time now that I've done my share of marches, protests, and just plain civil disobedience. So when it came time to march on SF City Hall* in the Join the Impact protests against California's ban on same sex marriages, I wasn't very excited in the least. I've learned that protest marches have there time and place and that very few are very successful (yeah I'm jaded). However, Trevor has recently become 'politically' active on this issue and after 17 years living with and being married twice to the guy this just isn't something Trevor does. So I dragged my ass out of bed this morning to join the march for him. It was a gorgeous day to be out and about speechifying, chanting, and marching. With a lot of hard work we will eventually get this abomination repealed. Really now, how in the hell can Trevor and my boring life really be all that much of a menace to society? It must be that we are happy.

*marching on SF city hall seems a little bit like preaching to the choir, does it not?

and for our Morman brethern...

No comments: