Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pre&Post Turkey Burn

With Thanksgiving and all the eating that entails I decided to ride the day before and the day after. On Wednesday I woke to cloudy sky's and wet roads but the weather report said showers only. I climbed aboard my bike and headed out to Ocean Beach to Skyline to Sawyer Camp Trail to Canada Rd. Once I hit Canada those showers arrived and they arrived as RAIN. I was drenched by the time I cycled the last 10 miles into work.
On Friday I was up and on my way to San Rafael mid-morning to meet up with other DSSF'ers for a ride through Lucas Valley, Alp de Fromage, and Marshall's Wall. It would be my first time through Lucas Valley and up Marshall's Wall so I was looking forward to the ride. Lucas Valley, on the back side towards Nicasio, is unbelievably gorgeous as you descend into the tall Redwoods. Absolutely stunning. Marshall's Wall was meh. Jerome was right that it's a nice climb but short. With Jerome, Topher, Doug, Stephanie, David, and Nancy, riding we kept a real moving pace going.
Above: Alp de Fromage (Cheese Factory Hill)
Below: Nancy at the Cheese Factory


View Larger Map
61.68 miles; 3336 ft of climbing (not all that much)

Below: Looking towards Marshall from atop Marshall's Wall



44.25 miles; 2,229 feet of climbing


No comments: