Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 5: June 5, 2008 (Santa Maria to Lompoc)

44.01 miles - Red Dress Day
Above: Chris painting my nails red. (pic stolen from Joseph)
Below: David and I.

Below: They've got the spirit


Originally 'Dress in Red' day so that it would look like a long red ribbon as riders climbed this day's hills.

Above: Cameron and John

Below: Michael and the long line of red.

I'll keep my commentary to a minimum so that you can enjoy the pics in all there fabulous-ness. Probably the hilliest day per mile by far. Told they will give names to the ones encountered on this day for next year to join the ranks of Quadbuster and Evil Twins. I'm partial to one of the names I heard floating around which was 'Heartbreak Ridge'.

Lesson of the day for next year = I must do better in planning what I wear. Some were just gorgeous. They say the ride changes lives. Never did I think I would be scoping out dresses for Red Dress Day as I pass shops.

Larry's ALC7 Day 5 Slideshow:


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

No comments: