Monday, February 18, 2008

Lagunitas Market and Back

Battery died in camera, no pics today. Great seeing Bob again on this ride. It's been months since I saw John and him at the Eagle. Great thanks go out to James. James' tire caught a nasty nail on the eastern side of White's Hill, not only did his tire catch it rather than mine. I got a chance to practice tube changing. It isn't that I don't know how, it's just that I haven't had one yet on my road bike, and I'm long overdue, so I've been dreading it. Since I had the tire irons I took the opportunity to see if I was as rusty as I had thought. I wasn't, didn't take me all that long to get the tire changed. Getting the tire back on the bike was another story. It only took four of us. This ride had a bunch of first for me: first time to Lagunitas, first time up White's hill (I had been dreading it also, but it isn't that bad), first time up Camino Alto from the north, the first time on the infamous Julie Brown's training ride, and finally first ride over 60 miles this year (if just barely). I enjoyed this ride a lot. I'm still nervous about Marshall's Wall, but that will come in good time.

route and data:

Total Time (h:m:s): 7:02:10, 6:55 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s): 4:39:08, 4:34 pace
Distance (mi ): 60.94
Moving Speed (mph): 13.1 avg., 57.1 max. (57.1 mph max just can't be correct, I hardly drive that fast)
Elevation Gain (ft) +6,671 / -6,669

Heart Rate Data: Avg, Low, High
Heart Rate (%max): 73, 41, 100
Heart Rate (bpm): 136, 75, 185

Temperature (°F) 51.1°F avg., 53.6°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) NNE 3.0 avg., NNE 5.8 max.

No comments: