Sunday, April 6, 2008

San Francisco - Point Reyes

San Francisco Day Break


So there was a charity run this morning over both sides of the Golden Gate Bride, which meant we had to be over the bridge by 7:00 am. I had to be up bright eyed and early with the approximately 30 other riders. I set the alarm for 4:30 a.m. expecting to leave the house around 5:30 a.m. and riding to the Sports Basement in the Presidio. Little did I know that Sunday April 6th was the 'old' daylight savings spring ahead time. My nice fancy alarm clock that sets it's own time - had jumped ahead on me. So I jumped out of bed, showered, brushed teeth, and got everything set to walk out the door. That was when it dawned on me to look at another clock and realize that it was just then turning 4:30 a.m. Let's just say I was not happy about being up an extra hour early. I wondered why the boys (Thor and Smokey) were not expecting to get fed like they usually do when I get up. C'est le vie.

Not all that bright eyed, a little blurred if you ask me. The group waiting for instruction (above) and being blocked by a fence from riding across the western side of the bridge (below). Turn around and go to the east.

My bottom bracket on the bike got busted today. Spent the last twenty miles home with clack, clack, clack, clack, when ever I would have to put pressure on the down strokes. It's now at the shop for repairs. Hopefully I'll have it back by the end of the week.
The bridge at 7 a.m. (above) and the low clouds near Nicasio Reservoir (below).
route and data:

Total Time (h:m:s) 7:31:56, 5:20 pace

Moving Time (h:m:s) 6:14:35, 4:26 pace

Distance (mi )84.30

Moving Speed (mph) 13.5 avg., 34.6 max.

Elevation Gain (ft) +4,702 / -4,703

Heart Rate Data: Avg, Low, High
Heart Rate (%max): 75, 52, 99
Heart Rate (bpm): 139, 97, 184

Temperature (°F) 52.9°F avg., 57.2°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) SE 4.3 avg., SE 12.6 max.

No comments: