Thursday, April 17, 2008

test riding the new frame

Taking a mini-break from work. I've got tons of errands to run tomorrow (dentist, passport, windshield replacement, etc...) and I needed a day to do nothing. Picked up my bike from the doctors last night, barely recognized it. Bring it in and I've got a silver F65 and when it comes out it's the black F55 frame below. The ride feels a little more stable than my silver one so I'm not sure if the frame is different or not. I'll assume it is slightly different, still aluminum with carbon forks and seat post, etc... I did swap out the rear 11-23 cassette for a 12-27. The hills also seemed a bit easier today, as they should with a 27. I'll be able to do the back to back centuries this weekend, Tierra Bella and Sea Otter. Above: My slick new frame
Below: The fog trying hard to leave the bridge.

route and data:

Total Time (h:m:s) 2:30:40, 6:18 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 2:03:36, 5:10 pace
Distance (mi ) 23.89
Moving Speed (mph) 11.6 avg., 34.9 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +2,286/ -2,315

Temperature (°F) 62.6°F avg., 64.4°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) NE 3.5 avg., NE 3.5 max.

No comments: