Saturday, January 12, 2008

1-12-08: Different Spokes Jersey Ride

Above: View towards the Golden Gate Bridge from the top of Conzelman.

So I finally rode a DSSF monthly Jersey Ride. I signed up as a member some months ago, but only did one DSSF ride in Mountain View and that consisted of a grand total of two riders, Chris and I. I figured, rather than driving to Mountain View and being tempted to go into work, I would get up this morning roll across the street and meet other DSSFers finally. Nine a.m, nearly sharp, we left Peet's, I was bit behind because I was waiting for my Garmin to locate the satellites, but caught up at the Bridge. The Jersey ride has three ride options of varying lengths and difficulty. Most do the intermediate, ~47 miler, Tiburon Loop. I chose to do the more difficult Conzelman/McCullough Road climbing in the Marin Headlands. All I can say is thankfully, Nancy (rider #1016) was my inspiration for the day. She kept me honest in that after the climb up Conzelman I wanted to cheat and go through the tunnel which would have avoided the climb up McCullough. I was afraid she was going to wait for my lazy ass at the top, so I went for it. I found it a fairly difficult ride for the stage of training I'm at, but it was a good one none the less.

Above: Rodeo Cove, some pretty big waves crashing.

Below: View North from Paradise road towards San Quentin Prison.

Below: A boat crashed up on shore on the Tiburon Bike/Ped path.

Above: View of Alcatraz Island (left) and San Francisco from Fort Baker.

Below: Golden Gate Bridge.


The route and stats:



Total Time (h:m:s): 5:21:04, 5:51 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s): 4:08:54, 4:32 pace
Distance (mi ): 54.80
Moving Speed (mph): 13.2 avg., 30.1 max.
Elevation Gain (ft): +7,301 / -7,324

Heart Rate Data: Avg, Low, High
Heart Rate (%max): 81, 57, 104
Heart Rate (bpm): 151, 106, 193


Temperature (°F): 51.8°F avg., 51.8°F high
Wind Speed ( mph): NNE 2.3 avg., NNE 5.8 max.


No comments: