Wednesday, January 9, 2008

In-law???

Heartfelt congratulations going out to my younger brother Dan and his new fiance. I first met Jen, many, many, moons ago at my brother's graduation from Northwestern and didn't really get a chance to get know her more till this past summer at camp. All I can say is my brother is one lucky guy. I'm also jealous as hell of her; she seems to have that 'gay' decorating/fashion/...hell just damn ability to match gene, that I'm badly missing.
It will be a pleasure welcoming her to the family.
(I just wish our mother was still living to welcome her also)

Below: My brother Dan and Jen (Center) standing above our Dad (sitting) at camp.

Above: This picture, of Jen in the canoe, was taken just before the wind picked up and blew her to the center of Lake Annabessacook (Monmouth, Maine).
Below: My brother Dan to the rescue ;-)


PS. Also I want shout out to my cousin Molly. She's newly engaged too. I've been searching and searching for a pic of Eric and her, but those pics were from two or maybe three years ago and I've crashed two computers since then hence losing our old pics (I'm lousy at backing up). You can check out her blog, Incorporating and Ingesting the Being of One. They're currently living and working in Thailand. She got her Mom's traveling gene.

PSS. Jen blogs some at http://www.redbookmag.com/home/life/.

No comments: