Sunday, January 27, 2008

Out Stealing Horses


Out Stealing Horses

Per Petterson

translated by Anne Born

I'm not going to write a book review here, I'm not that gifted a writer and probably won't do justice to this novel. Commuting by train gives me the opportunity to read between 20 and 30 books per year; some books are really good and others are simply crap (ex. Divisadero, by Michael Ondaatje, is utter crap. Good writing but an utterly frustrating read, don't waste your time).

The book 'Out Stealing Horses', upon first reading is by far one of the best books I've read in years. The novel is a beautiful melodic meditation weaving between the past and present in such a seamless and gorgeous way. I can not recommend this novel enough. GO READ!!

I'll possibly write a full review after I reread (Currently reading 'Someone Knows My Name' by Lawrence Hill).

No comments: