Sunday, March 16, 2008

Nicasio Valley Loop, 3-16-2008

I now have a new favorite ride. After having been to Lagunitas twice now and thinking ho hum, pretty and all quite enjoyable. Nicasio Valley is simply stunning. I'm sure it being spring, and everything being nice and GREEN has nothing to do with it. Happy Cows were everywhere, and Happy Horses too. This was also my longest ride of the year, I have a feeling I'll do longer real soon. I even enjoyed the unpaved 2.5 mile trail that I took by accident in Samuel Taylor State Park. I wondered why I could see riders on the pavement across the river, while I'm dodging puddles and rocks. Lots of pics, I got tired of stopping every few miles.

Above: Nicasio Reservoir. Below: Happy Horses just before Samuel Taylor State Park.

Above: Lunch stop in Lagunitas, computer says I burned 4360 calories over the course of the ride, Big Mac here I come. Below: Lynne, one of the ride leaders, passing me while I stopped to take pics of the Happy Cows.

Above and Below: The chapel in Nicasio Valley.

Above: Nicasio Reservoir.
Below: More riders passing me while I take a look at ALL the Happy Cows.

Above and Below: Fellow Cat 3 riders listening to Safety speech while getting ready.
Below: Say it with me, Happy Cows. With all the green goodness, how could they not be. Although, if I was closer that young one in the middle I'm sure would give me trouble if I was closer.
Lastly, another pic of Thor trying to tell Trevor 'enough with your studying already'. (more pics of Smokey soon, can't let Thor hog all the limelight (not that he minds).)
route and data:

Total Time (h:m:s): 8:16:52, 6:01 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s): 6:12:14, 4:31 pace
Distance (mi ): 82.23
Moving Speed (mph): 13.3 avg., 38.6 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +9,664 / -9,661

Temperature (°F): 54.9°F avg., 60.8°F high
Wind Speed ( mph): NW 13.6 avg., NW 17.2 max.

No comments: